The classic mojito came to us courtesy of Havana, Cuba. Now that the U.S and Cuba are on friendlier terms, perhaps we’ll need to take a Le Voov! adventure to visit our neighbors 90-miles off the Florida Keys… Stay tuned!
There are many variations of this thirst-quenching libation, so of course, being a good closet mixologist, I had to try my hand at creating a Le Voov! version of my very own. I decided to let the marvelous juxtaposition of tart limes and sweet raspberries mingle in this fruity version. Remember, you can feel good about imbibing on a hot summer day with this drink, knowing it contains powerful anti-oxidants in the mint and raspberry garnish… 😉
Cheers to all of our Le Voov foodies!
- 1 shot of raspberry Italian syrup such as Torani (See Torani Flavored Syrups in our Amazon Store)
- 4 mint leaves, discard stems
- 2 lime wheels, cut ¼ inch thick
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 – 3 shots of white rum such as Appleton from Jamaica
- 2 – 3 ounces of Pellegrino or soda water
- Crushed ice
- 1 fresh sprig of mint (for garnish)
- 2 – 3 fresh raspberries (for garnish)
Place the lime wheels and the mint in the bottom of a tall glass and muddle for 30-seconds. Add crushed ice, raspberry syrup, lime juice, white rum and stir. Top off the glass with a refreshing splash of Pellegrino or soda water. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a few fresh raspberries.