Restaurant Review – Zuzu Tapas & Wine Bar 🍴 🍷
Zuzu Tapas & Wine Bar
829 Main street, Napa, 94559 (707) 224-8555
Zuzu, located in Napa’s historic Old Town, has masterfully blended the culinary traditions of Spain and South America with the warmth of Mediterranean décor to create a true gem. The complex layering of flavor and spice in each dish was uniquely divine.
Our server Darlene was very knowledgeable and made some fantastic suggestions for our maiden voyage at the restaurant. Zuzu’s signature sangria was delightfully fresh and fruity. Given the ease with which the first glass went down, I had a great appreciation for the speedy arrival of our first plates!
Everything we ordered was truly amazing with the exception of the Gambas al Ajillo, which was overly salty. This may have just been an oversight that evening, so we’ll order it again the next time we visit and provide you with an update. Our biggest dilemma is how to enjoy all the incredible dishes we loved on our first visit, and still have room to try all the other items on the menu…
Here’s what we ordered along with the descriptions from the menu:
- Sangria – Strong wonderfully fruity flavor!
- Coconut Rockfish Ceviche – Ceviche del Dia; Citrus Marinated Seafood with Jicama, Avocado and Tortilla Chips
- Gambas al Ajillo – Gambas al Ajillo; Fresh Gulf Shrimp with Garlic, Piquin Chili & Smoky Pimenton
- Colorado Lamb Chops – Colorado Lamb Chops with Moroccan Barbeque Glaze, Mint & Curry Oil
- Flat Iron with Chimmichuri – Flat-Iron Steak from Niman Ranch with Roasted Jalapeño Chimichurri
- Brussels Sprouts – Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onion, Bacon & Sliced Almonds
- Basque Cake with a Seasonal Fruit Compote (raspberries)
**Next time we’ll try: Paella del Dia, Braised Pork Cheeks and the Roasted Beets.